Complete feed for finishing cattle 120 days before end-point.
Advanced protein and amino acid nutrition: Unlocks the calf’s potential for muscle growth and development with select sources of non-degradable and rumen degradable proteins to promote rumen microbial growth and furnish the best complement of essential amino acids.
Optimal energy nutrition: Matches the calf’s energy needs with multiple sources of energy as weight gains shift from growth to finishing; promotes efficient growth and development and finishing with reduced risk of digestive upsets (off-feed problems, acidosis, burnout) sometimes seen when excessive cereal grains are fed.
Optimal trace minerals: Proteinated copper, zinc, manganese and cobalt provide highly bioavailable sources of these key trace minerals for protein synthesis and energy utilization and to help maintain tissue integrity, support the immune system response and help maintain show condition of hair coat and hide.
Rumen and Gut health technology: Aids feed intake and helps reduce risk of digestive upsets and burnout over long feeding periods.
Sunglo® Show Calf Finisher is a complete formula for promoting efficient weight gains and desired finish in show cattle—and is formulated to serve as the sole ration during the finishing period.
- Sunglo® Show Calf Finisher should be introduced a minimum of 120 days before the show date. The actual starting date for this feed will depend on breed, weight, age and desired level of finish.
- We recommend feeding Sunglo® Show Calf Grower during the growing period up to 900 lbs., allowing a minimum of 120 days before the show date before switching to Sunglo® Show Calf Finisher.
Management Feeding Tips:
Slowing the Rate of Gain
If calves are gaining too rapidly in the finishing period, it may be necessary to use one of the following options:
- Decrease the daily allotment of Sunglo® Show Calf Feed by 2-4 lbs.,
- Add Sunglo® Full Tank™ and feed at a rate of 1-5 lbs. per head per day to meet desired weight gain.
Some large-frame calves may require longer finishing periods or increased energy density in the finishing ration to achieve the desired finish.
- To increase energy density, 50/50 Sunglo® Show Calf Developer and Sunglo® Show Calf Finisher.
- Add 1-3 lbs. of Sunglo® LiquaFAT™ or Show Edge® Power PHAT™ to meet desired finish.
Going Off Feed (Burnout)
This feed has been carefully formulated to promote consumption. However, should your calf experience a drop in feed consumption of more than 10% of targeted daily feed intake for more than two days, blend in Sunglo® 2 the Fullest™ at a rate up to 1/2 of daily intake to enhance appetite. A more dramatic drop in feed consumption may require going back to the beginning and reinitiating your calf to feed. In either case, return to Sunglo® Show Calf Finisher ration should be done gradually. Should your calf go completely off feed, consult your veterinarian or Sunglo® Show Feed specialist.
West Coast Formula: