Award Program: Rules and Eligibility
We’ve organized our Sunglo® Feeds Rewards Program into three levels based primarily on the size of the show– from the county level right on up to the majors.
Only junior shows are eligible. Prospect, jackpot, and open shows do not qualify for the Sunglo® Rewards Program, nor do shows that are not open to an entire county. Please note, you are only eligible to submit once per calendar year, per species. If you are submitting for multiple species, please contact us here.
Major Shows (Junior Shows Only)
- Major Shows are recognized for their size and the large number of entries from all areas of one or more states. They do not include national breed shows, which are covered in the next level below. Examples: National Western Stock Show, North American Livestock Exposition, American Royal, Oklahoma Youth Expo, Houston Livestock Show.
State, Regional & National Breed Shows (Junior Shows Only)
- Entries from 20 or more counties of any state and national breed show.This level includes all state fairs. Examples: Iowa State Fair, Oklahoma Stair Fair, San Angelo Stock Show, Muskogee Regional Livestock Show, National Junior Angus Show, National Junior Hereford Show, Michigan Livestock Expo, Upper Peninsula State Fair.
District/County & State Breed Shows (Junior Shows Only)
- Entries from fewer than 20 counties of any state show, state breed show and county fair show. Prospect, jackpot, and open shows do not qualify for the Sunglo Feeds Rewards Program, nor do shows that are not open to an entire county.
- Only youth showing animals as part of a 4-H or FFA project are eligible.
- Only animals that have been fed Sunglo Feeds feed as the sole commercial ration for a minimum of 60 days prior to the show are eligible, except for cattle which require a minimum of 90 days.
- Program winners are limited to receiving the highest award per species per show year.
- Applicants for Major, State, Regional and National Breed Show awards MUST submit a high res, digital photo of the winning animal. A photograph is optional for District and County Show awards.
- Sunglo® Feeds brand management retains the sole right to determine the eligibility of the applicant and to interpret program rules.
- Upon request, shows that do not appear to meet the definition of an eligible show will be reviewed and considered for eligibility by the Sunglo® Feeds Rewards Manager.
- This program is subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.
Grand Champion: Animal was selected as the overall Grand Champion of the Show and competed against all breed winners to receive this honor.
Reserve Grand Champion: Animal was selected as the overall Reserve Grand Champion of the Show and competed against all breeds to receive this honor.
Breed Champion: Animal was selected as the Breed Champion of the particular breed they were exhibiting in. NOTE: This is the highest honor at various shows when an overall Grand Champion is not selected.
Reserve Breed Champion: Animal was selected as the Reserve Breed Champion of the particular breed they were exhibiting in. NOTE: This is the second highest honor at various shows when an overall Reserve Grand Champion is not selected.
Major Shows Include:
- American Royal Livestock Show, Horse Show & Rodeo Kansas City MO
- Dixie National Livestock Show Jackson MS
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Houston TX
- National Western Stock Show- Denver, CO
- North American Int. Livestock Exposition Louisville KY
- Oklahoma Youth Expo Oklahoma City OK
- San Antonio Livestock Exposition San Antonio TX
- Sioux Empire
- Southwestern Exposition & Livestock Show Fort Worth TX
- NJSA Summer Spectacular
- World Pork Expo
- Team Purebred National
ShowState/Regional or National Breed Shows Include:
- Alabama National Fair Montgomery AL
- Alaska State Fair Dalmer AK
- Arizona National Stock Show Phoenix AZ
- Arkansas State Fair & Livestock Show Little Rock AR
- Arkansas/Oklahoma State Fair Fort Smith AR
- California State Fair Sacramento CA
- Central State Fair Rapid City SD
- Colorado State Fair Pueblo CO
- Delaware State Fair Harrington DE
- DuQuoin State Fair DuQuoin IL
- Eastern New Mexico State Fair Roswell NM
- Eastern States Exposition W Springfield MA
- Florida State Fair Tampa FL
- Four States Fair & Livestock Show- Texarkana, TX
- Georgia National Fair Perry GA
- Georgia State Fair Macon GA
- Grand National Rodeo, Horse & Stock Show San Francisco CA
- Illinois State Fair Springfield IL
- Indiana State Fair Indianapolis IN
- Iowa State Fair Des Moines IA
- Kansas Jr. Livestock Show – Wichita KS
- Kansas State Fair Hutchinson KS
- Kentucky State Fair Louisville KY
- Keystone Int. Livestock Exposition Harrisburg PA
- LSU Livestock Show Baton Rouge LA
- Maryland State Fair Timonium MD
- Mid-South Fair Memphis TN
- Minnesota State Fair St. Paul MN
- Mississippi State Fair
- Missouri Cattleman’s Association Jr. Cattlemen Show Sedalia MO
- Missouri State Fair Sedalia MO
- Montana State Fair Great Falls MT
- Nebraska Cattleman's Classic
- Nebraska State Fair
- Nebraska State Fair Lincoln NE
- Nevada State Fair Reno NV
- New Jersey State Fair Augusta NJ
- New Mexico State Fair Albuquerque NM
- New York State Fair Syracuse NY
- North Carolina State Fair Raleigh NC
- North Dakota State Fair Minot ND
- Northern Int. Livestock Exposition & Rodeo Billings MT
- Ohio State Fair Columbus OH
- Oklahoma State Fair
- Oregon State Fair Salem OR
- Ozark Empire Fair Springfield MO
- Pennsylvania Farm Show Harrisburg PA
- San Angelo Stock Show & Rodeo Assn. San Angelo TX
- SandHills State Fair, Odessa, TX
- South Carolina State Fair Columbia SC
- South Dakota Spotlight
- South Texas Fair- Beaumont, TX
- Southeastern Livestock Exposition & Rodeo Montgomery AL
- Star of Texas Fair & Rodeo Austin TX
- State Fair of Louisiana Shreveport LA
- State Fair of Texas Dallas TX
- State Fair of Virginia Richmond VA
- State Fair of West Virginia Lewisburg WV
- Tennessee State Fair Nashville TN
- Tri State Fair Amarillo TX
- Tulsa State Fair Tulsa OK
- Utah State Fair Salt Lake City UT
- Wisconsin State Fair West Ellis WI
- Wyoming State Fair Douglas WY
- National Breeding Heifer Shows
- Regional NJSA Shows
If you have a show not listed on the show classifications document or feel your show should be included in a different level, please use the contact us tab and send us the following: Name of the show, State & Number of animals exhibited.
All county fairs will be included in Level 1 of the Sunglo Feeds® Rewards program.